Job Summary :
˜ To provide a continuous on-site medical support service to meet the needs of patients, consultants and nursing staff. This includes emergency procedures and providing a general service to all clinical areas.
Basic Function :
˜ To initiate emergency treatments for patients, staff and visitors and complete appropriate documentation in coordination and instruction by consultant.
˜ To assist in the management of patients and provide back-up support to the consultant as per institutional policy.Major Duties and Responsibilities : 1) A professional approach must be adopted with all patients, staff and visitors.
2) Complete a brief admission examination on each patient when appropriate and document clinical findings and inform consultant.
3) To initiate treatment as per consultant advice.
4) Attend ward rounds with consulting staff, as required, and be available to discuss patient treatment plans.
5) Provide a 24-hour medical service within the hospital on an on-call basis.
6) Inform admitting consultants of changes in medical condition of patients and of relevant action taken should take further advice on management of patient.
7) Follow the instructions of consultants for their specific regime for each individual patient.
8) Perform clinical procedures as requested by consultant medical staff and nursing staff, these may include phlebotomy and the giving of intravenous drugs to patients.
9) Initiate and alter in-patient prescriptions at consultant€™s request.Write up €to take home prescriptions€ for patients as required.
10) Visit patients as required at the request of the nursing staff and consultant.
11) Visit all in-patients daily and document in clinical notes/Progress note.
12) To be familiar with all relevant procedures/policies.
13) To be familiar with organization and best clinical policies as per guidelines. To be aware of the organizational clinical risk programme and report clinical incidents, drug errors and near misses.
14) To participate in clinical audit and implementation of clinical governance.
15) To respond to calls from the ward relating to patient care.
16) To discuss medication on discharge with patients and write a discharge summary.
17) To comply with all hospital policies and procedures in particular those relating to Health and Safety at Work.
18) To countersign any drug instructions given by Consultants over the telephone and satisfy prescribing requirements throughout the hospital, as requested by nursing staff by checking their validity, safety and need.
19) Ensure that comprehensive handover, with full patient rounds, has taken place at the beginning and end of each shift.
20) Participate in compulsory Hospital based training i.e. Fire and Manual Handling renewal of ACLS/PALS when required etc.
21) Prescribing drug therapies or other appropriate services including physiotherapy,dietician, etc.
22) Appropriate investigations (e.g. CXR, ECG, Lab work-up)
23) To prescribe drugs in capital letter only.
1) To be completely familiar with emergency equipment.
2) To carry out Cardiac Arrest and other Emergency Procedures as per hospital policy.
3) Only in extreme emergency situations would the RMO be permitted to assist consultants in theatre.
4) Can initiate emergency medical care as required within the hospital for medical and surgical emergencies.
5) To undertake within their level of experience and competence certain medical procedures required by the Consultants.
6) Ability to provide doctors with technical inputs and observations.
7) Basic computer skills (Typing, Email, MS-office, HMIS usage)
Key Result Areas :
1) To monitor patients progress during hospitalization.
2) Compliance to SOP and department's protocol.
3) Team Supervision.
4) Patient Safety.
5) Internal and External Interface
Internal Interface :
n Co-ordination with staff, consultants, doctors and related departments
External Interface :
n Patient and patient relatives
Salary: INR 3,00,000 - 6,50,000 PA.
Role Category:Medical Professional
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:MBBS - Medicine
Kiran Hospital ( Samast Patidar Aarogya Trust )